In partnership with , We Grow From Here, a Florida-
based permaculture garden project, under the direction of owner and educational ecosystem designer Loretta Buckner, we’re developing a combination Sacred Space Mandela/labyrinth and community permaculture garden.
Our official groundbreaking was on October 23, 2015, launching the centerpiece that will be the focal point of the gardens. The first few tasks which we intend to accomplish in November include:
- Digging the four beds in preparation for Hugelkultur
- Gathering materials for the beds (see Wish List below).
- Gathering some able helping hands and hearts to help!
Our calendar of events, should you wish to be involved in growing, are as follows:
- Every Wednesday (barring rain) 9 -11AM I will be in the garden, and you are welcome to join the groundskeeping crew as we both maintain and create.
- Every 2nd Sunday at 12:30ish (after services) will be some sort of workshop, which will be a hands-on learning and sharing experience. On November 8th, you may have already guessed, we’ll be installing **Hugelkultur beds! If you’d like to know more, well—come on out and see! Kids are welcome, if supervised, but we may or may not have special activities planned for them. Please bring any plants, seeds, or snacks to share.
- Every LAST Sunday (November 29th this month), from 12:30 – 2:30 is Family Day—a day where we specifically incorporate kid-friendly garden activities, and encourage you to bring the little ones. We will be focusing on the Children’s Garden on these days, which the LRE program is helping to design.
Spirit of Life UU Permaculture Garden Wish List
~blocks, bricks, rocks
~mulch (call tree services for delivery)
~compost (bring your scraps from home!)
~tools and hands to use them 🙂
~seeds and plants (check local libraries for seed banks, attend seed & plant swaps, listed on Tampa Bay permaculture guild on meetup)
Visit Tampa Bay Permaculture Guild Meet Up page for calendar updates for garden work days and workshops, and help us Grow our Future!