The Environmental Learning Center at Spirit of Life UU is intended a place for exploring ideas and best practices related to sustainability and ecology. The Environmental Learning Center has a teaching garden, and provides workshop and retreat opportunities for those interested in exploring ways to live in closer concert with our environment and with less impact on our fragile ecological system.
The Environmental Learning Center is an outreach of our Green Sanctuary program, which affirms our commitment to being responsible citizens of Earth.
The Cornucopia Project
In partnership with We Grow From Here, a Florida-based
permaculture garden project, we’re developing a combination Sacred Space Mandela/labyrinth and community garden permaculture project we’re calling the Cornucopia Project.
Our official groundbreaking was on October 23, 2015, launching the centerpiece that will be the focal point of the gardens.
- Work currently underway includes:
Digging the four beds in preparation for Hugelkultur
- Gathering materials for the beds .
- Gathering some able helping hands and hearts to help!
- Every Wednesday (barring rain) 9 -11AM Join the groundskeeping crew as we both maintain and create.
- Every LAST Sunday from 12:30 – 2:30 is Family Day—a day where we specifically incorporate kid-friendly garden activities, and encourage you to bring the little ones. We will be focusing on the Children’s Garden on these days, which the LRE program is helping to design.
Join our Meetup group to stay up to date!